- Visit the John Day fossil beds and hike among the majestic painted hills.
a raft trip, go for a swim, jump off a 60' cliff into the John Day River.
- Fish for steelhead, small mouth bass, rainbow
- Take a walk along the North Fork River.
- Drive up into the Umatilla Forest to see the many varities
of wildflowers and wildlife.
- Hunt for Rocky Mountain elk, mule deer, antelope, bear, cougar.
- Pick your own
cherries, apricots, nectarines, peaches, pears & apples in season at Thomas Orchard located in Kimberly.
- Enjoy a picnic
at one of the two city parks in Monument.
- Visit the local gift shops or art gallery located downtown.
- Or just
kick back and relax and enjoy the peaceful solitude at Monument Motel & RV Park.